Are you looking to take your business to the next level? A digital marketing consultant may be just what you need!
In this blog post, we will discuss what digital marketing consultants do, how they can help your business and everything you need to know before hiring one. We’ll also provide tips for finding the best digital marketing consultant.
So, whether you’re just getting started in digital marketing or looking for ways to improve your current strategy, read on for helpful advice!
What does a digital marketing consultant do?
A digital marketing consultant is a professional who helps companies and organizations to achieve their online marketing goals.
They work with businesses to create and implement effective digital marketing strategies. This can include everything from developing a new website to managing online advertising campaigns for performance.
What’s the difference between a marketing consultant vs a marketing agency?
A marketing consultant is an individual who provides expert advice on marketing and advertising strategies. A marketing agency, on the other hand, is a company that specializes in creating and executing marketing campaigns.
There are several key differences between these two types of professionals:
- Marketing consultants are usually hired on a project basis, while companies often retain marketing agencies on an ongoing basis.
- Marketing consultants typically work with businesses of all sizes, while marketing agencies usually focus on serving larger organizations.
- Marketing consultants are typically more affordable than marketing agencies since they don’t have the overhead costs of running a large business.
- Marketing agencies usually have a team of professionals who specialize in different areas of marketing, while consultants are typically solo practitioners.
So, which type of professional is right for your business?
It depends on your needs and budget. If you’re just getting started in digital marketing, a consultant can be a great option since they can help you to develop an effective strategy without breaking the bank.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for comprehensive marketing services, an agency may be a better fit. Be sure to shop around and compare rates before making your final decision.
How can a digital marketing consultant help your company?
There are many ways in which a digital marketing consultant can help your business. Here are just a few examples:
- Create an effective online presence for your business. This includes developing a website, creating social media profiles and managing online advertising campaigns.
- Improve your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. This can help you rank higher in search results, leading to more website visitors and potential customers.
- Create targeted online marketing campaigns. They can also help you track and measure your campaigns’ results so that you can adjust your strategy as needed.
- Troubleshoot any issues you’re having with your digital marketing efforts. They can also provide valuable insights and recommendations for improving your overall strategy.
What to look for when hiring a digital marketing consultant?
Now that you know what a digital marketing consultant is and how they can help your business, it’s time to start shopping for one. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a consultant:
- Are they certified by Google Ads, Facebook, Google Analytics or other platforms that you plan to use?
- What is their educational background? Do they have a degree in marketing or a related field?
- How much experience do they have?
- Do they have any case studies or testimonials from past clients that you can review?
- Do they have experience working with businesses in your industry?
- How much do they charge? Are their rates competitive?
How much should you pay for a digital marketing consultant?
Rates for digital marketing consultants vary depending on their experience, skills and the scope of the project. Typically, you can expect to pay $50-$200 per hour for a consultant’s services. However, some may charge a flat fee for projects like developing a new website or managing an online advertising campaign.
When shopping around, be sure to get quotes from several different professionals before making your final decision. This will help you find the best rate and ensure you get the most bang for your buck.
How to evaluate your digital marketing consultant?
The best way to evaluate your digital marketing consultant is to set specific goals and objectives for your campaign and then track the results over time.
If you do not see the desired results, communicate this with your consultant so they can adjust your strategy.
It’s also important to remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day. Give your consultant time to work their magic; you may be surprised at the results.
Where to find a digital marketing consultant?
Of course, we’d be remiss if we didn’t toot our horns. If you’re looking for a digital marketing consultant in Toronto or anywhere for that matter, Jordan Stevens Digital Marketing is a solid place to start.
Well, that about covers it. If you have any questions, be sure to reach out.